Do you have problems with hormonal imbalance? Many women do nowadays, so today I want to share some tips on how to balance female hormones 💕✨
First of all, what exactly is “hormones”?
Hormones are chemical messengers that send signals that allow for communication across your entire body, so that the processes we need to survive can be carried out.
Hormones are what regulate critical functions such as; sleep, stress & reproduction.
But hormones work together in a very complex system – and when one gets off balance, it affects the next one and so on. So therefore, it’s always important to look at how to create hormonal balance overall in your body.
In this day and age, our hormones gets affected by SO many things; air pollution, plastic in our food/skincare, processed food, too much caffeine, having been on the birth control pill, stress etc. We are constantly getting exposed to things that can get our hormones out of balance and affect our health and well-being.
Signs that your hormones might be out of balance:
You experience chronic fatigue, have low sex drive, intense PMS, or perhaps you’re dealing with cystic acne.
So, what can you do to balance your female hormones?
- Eat plenty of veggies and fruits
- Go for organic food, as pesticides can affect your hormones
- Go for local foods. Food as close to the source as possible is the best for your health!
- Eat more healthy fats, as fats are the building blocks for hormones (olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds)
- Rest and relax more. Our bodies are not made to live in this fast-paced world with constant new information, deadlines etc. Remember to take care of yourself and take time to just rest and relax
- Get enough sleep
- Switch all plastic food containers and drinking bottles out with some made from glass or stainless steel. Plastic contains BPA which is affected your health, especially if you heat up food in plastic containers
- Balance your nervous system – use practices like deep breathing or meditation to calm your nervous system
- Look at your exercising routine – sometimes the harder you exercise, the more stress you put on your body. Perhaps switch some of the hardcore gym workouts out with a slow yoga class or a nice walk in nature instead
Have you experienced problems with hormonal imbalance? Is there any of these tips you find helpful and want to implement in your life? Then I would love to hear from you, and help you on your journey! Always feel free to reach out to me either here on my blog or on my Instagram! 💕✨