Self-care is not just pampering yourself with a bath and a face-mask, self-care is about way more than that. There is self-care on multiple levels. It’s all about nurturing & refuelling yourself ✨
When we hear the word ‘self-care’ we often tend to think about baths, saunas, wearing a facial mask etc. All the physical stuffs we can do to take care of ourselves. While I still think that that is important, there are self-care on multiple levels, and they are all really important to pay attention to.
Taking care of yourself is not just about pampering yourself on the outside. But doing this is good, because it can also make you feel good on the inside as well. But self-care is about waaaay more than just that. Self-care is taking care of your emotional and mental state, your spiritual beliefs, your relationship to others, your work.
A definition of self-care that I just learned through my school is this; Self-care is any activity that nurtures & refuels you on a deep level.
So tune into yourself and consider these areas of your life, do you feel good in these, or is there anything you can do to take better care of yourself in a specific area?
– how do you feel about your body? Do you feel good? Energised? Calm?
– think about what you can do to take better care of your body; go for a walk, stretch it, drink some more water, eat some veggies
– take a bath, nourish your skin with a good oil and give yourself a face massage
Emotional & Mental State
– your emotional & mental state is SO important. How are you? Have you allowed yourself to feel the emotions coming up?
– feel free to cry if you need to
– journal about your feelings, just write whatever is on your mind
– talk to a good friend
Relationship to others
– how is your relationships? To your partner (if you have one)? To your family? To your friends?
– is there anything you want to work on? is there a relationship that no longer feels right for you? Tune into yourself, and feel. Relationships are one of the things that can really either give us SO much, or drain us
– how is your work/school situation? Are you happy doing what you do? Do you feel engaged & enthusiastic about it? Or does the thought of going there drag you down? Write down your thoughts and feelings about this. You don’t have to take any action towards changing things right now if you are not happy with it, just be honest with yourself and get your thoughts out
Question for you: Which area of your life needs some self-care? Share it, or write it down in a for yourself in a journal. Then think about how you can take better care of yourself within that area of your life