Having a Growth Mindset can change your life completely. But you have to learn to see things differently, and think differently from what you have been used to, if you want to get this kind of mindset. Invest in yourself, keep learning, exploring and stay open-minded and life will turn into the most interesting adventure you have ever been on!
Fixed Mindset VS. Growth Mindset
A Fixed Mindset sees ourselves as static beings, like we can’t change how things are for us, our character, intelligence or creativity. However, a Growth Mindset thrives on challenge and views failure as new learning opportunities, and new ways of growth. Our entire life is defined by our mindset. Our relationship with success and failure determines our way towards happiness. If you keep seeing a failure as you being a failure and you get sad and miserable over it, this will affect your life. But, if you instead see failure as just another way to have learned something new, and a springboard towards success, your world-view will be entirely different.
How to Gain a Growth Mindset
- Keep learning and exploring new things and ways of thinking. Read books, watch documentaries, talk to new people, listen to podcasts, go to new places
- See failure not as a failure, but as an opportunity for growth and learning
- Focus on the good things in life & the small joys
- See life as Yin & Yang, everything is about balance. You need both in your life
- Stop telling yourself limiting beliefs, instead go encourage yourself and talk yourself up
- Another’s success does not mean that you cannot succeed. Learn to be happy about other people’s successes, and know that there is more than enough to go around for everyone
Read also: Books that have changed my life